A Turn-Key Distance Learning Anatomy and Physiology Course
Course demos can be viewed at www.coastlearning.org
Now you can offer a distance learning anatomy and physiology course at your institution! Designed for a one-semester, distance learning, college level course, An Introduction to Anatomy and Physiology by Coast Learning Systems provides a comprehensive survey of the discipline, including fundamental principles and concepts.
After completion of this telecourse, the student will be able to:
- Identify the structures and function of each of the body systems and relate how the body maintains homeostasis.
- Discuss the physiological processes between the exchange and use of energy in the body and how they relate to lifestyle and health.
- Given a scenario, analyze and interpret information in order to communicate clearly with healthcare professionals and make informed decisions about personal healthcare and lifestyle.
The one-term course package consists of 14 lessons that include: videos, a textbook, web component, student guide, and a faculty manual with test bank.
- Videos - integrate an on camera narrator with experiments, graphics, and vignettes of real life examples of anatomy and physiology in action. Also, they include original videography of A & P experiments, animated two- or three- dimensional computer animations and graphics, and original music
- Textbook - Anatomy and Physiology by John Erickson
- Web Component - provides students with a course map, instructional objectives, practice test items, and exercises to enhance vocabulary and understanding of concepts and theories.
- Faculty Manual - includes guidelines and materials for adapting the course to meet the user's curriculum needs, suggestions for successfully conducting the telecourse, lists and descriptions of student activities, and a test bank keyed to the instructional objectives.
Chapter 1 Introduction to Anatomy and Physiology
Chapter 2 Basic Chemistry
Chapter 3 The Cellular Level of Organization
Chapter 4 The Tissue Level of Organization
Chapter 5 The Integumentary System
Chapter 6 The Skeletal System
Chapter 7 The Muscular System
Chapter 8 The Nervous System
Chapter 9 The Senses
Chapter 10 The Endocrine System
Chapter 11 The Cardiovascular System
Chapter 12 Blood
Chapter 13 Lymphatic System and Immunity
Chapter 14 The Respiratory System
Chapter 15 The Digestive System
Chapter 16 Nutrition and Metabolism
Chapter 17 The Urinary System
Chapter 18 The Reproductive Systems
“An Introduction to Anatomy and Physiology is reader-friendly without simplifying the material - will hold students attention. Overall, it’s a great text!”
Melody Holmes, Collin County Community College
“An Introduction to Anatomy and Physiology is well organized with good flow from one topic to the next.”
Matthew Abbott, Des Moines Area Community College
“The simplicity of the text and the easy-to-read writing style are the greatest strengths of An Introduction to Anatomy and Physiology.”
Kirk Abraham, Transylvania University
"The illustrations in An Introduction to Anatomy and Physiology are simple, easy to understand, and well labeled."
Steve Kish, Zane State College