New Publication Now Available!
The COVID-19 pandemic reshaped the world in countless ways. This tumult was a perfect test of leadership.
Leadership in Changing Times: How Adaptive Leadership is Replacing Classic Leadership in a Post-Pandemic World peels back the layers of the leadership “onion” to determine whether leading during changing times is really complicated or if we are simply making it complicated.
Designed for people in leadership positions or students aspiring to leadership positions, Leadership in Changing Times by Tariq Khan:
- is personal! The publication includes anecdotes, quotes, stories, and examples from the author’s experience as a leader in the corporate world and as an entrepreneur.
- provides perspective on how leaders need to adapt to keep up with the frenetic pace of change that is occurring today.
- promotes intellectual curiosity by describing the differences between leaders and managers, questioning whether leaders are born or made, and defining the biggest challenge leaders will face: connecting with the changing audience (i.e., diversity, equity, and inclusion).
- is a leadership guide for young professionals who want to plan their leadership journey as an entrepreneur or a corporate maven. In addition, it is invaluable for seasoned leaders who are discovering their self-actualization while leaving a legacy.
- integrates first-hand expert advice from Fortune 100 Leaders – Michael Fung, Doug Hammond, Farooq Kathwari, Eileen McDonnell, and Kathleen Murphy.
Knowing everything about leadership doesn’t make a leader. It is the effective application of that knowledge that impacts long-term success in one’s leadership journey. Leadership in Changing Times is a proven guide!
About the Author
CHAPTER 1 How COVID19 has impacted leaders
CHAPTER 2 Eleven Leadership Myths
CHAPTER 3 Leaders—Born or Made?
CHAPTER 4 Do You Have Critical Leadership Traits?
CHAPTER 5 Leaders vs. Managers—Understanding the Differences and Working Together
CHAPTER 6 Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion: Connecting with the Changing Audience—Your Biggest Challenge
CHAPTER 7 Classic Leadership vs. Adaptive Leadership
CHAPTER 8 The Future of Education
CHAPTER 9 Leadership from a Global Perspective
CHAPTER 10 Entrepreneurs, Leaders, and Coaches
CHAPTER 11 We All Will Work for Younger People
CHAPTER 12 C-Suite Perspectives: Interviews with Fortune 100 Leaders
Former CFO, Walmart U.S., JCPenney, Nieman Marcus
Chairman and CEO, National Financial Partners Corp. (NFP Corp.)
Chairman, CEO, and President, Ethan Allen Interiors Inc.
President and CEO, Penn Mutual
President, Personal Investing, Fidelity Investments
Appendix: How to Make This Book Interactive for Your Students
Leaders today must pay attention to cyber security and artificial intelligence. Tariq’s book is timely for the changing times.
Dr. Arif Alvi, President of Pakistan
Leader leads people. Leader does not follow public opinion. Best wishes to Tariq on his book.
Imran Khan, Prime Minister of Pakistan
The need for trusted and effective leaders is essential to creating a new era for inclusivity and innovation. As an experienced thought partner, Khan moves in spaces of influence to strike the right connections between teams and the global communities they serve, making his book an incredible resource for any leader of today.
Craig Williams, President, JORDAN Brand, Nike
The role of leadership has never been more important than today. Tariq Khan has an impressive background and the expertise to share his valuable experience. A must-read for all kinds of leaders and entrepreneurs.
Craig R. Quigley
Rear Admiral, U.S. Navy (Ret.)
Former Deputy Assistant Secretary of Defense, Public Affairs
As a Chairman of the board of Trustees, Tariq has helped Stratford University create a culture of leadership. His insight on leadership is an asset.
Dr. Richard Shurtz, President, Stratford University
We are living in the most unique times; many leaders will emerge, and many will perish. It is critical that leaders pay the utmost attention to their biggest asset, PEOPLE. Tariq Khan has taken the plunge to address leading people through these challenging times. This book provides a holistic view of leading the changing workforce. A great read.
Michele C. Meyer-Shipp, Esq., SHRM-SCP
Chief People & Culture Officer, Major League Baseball
In today’s dynamic world, leaders must evolve their approach - to individuals, teams, customers, partners and more - if they are to lead successfully. Adaptability, agility, and flexibility are now prerequisite traits of transformative leaders across all facets of society. Tariq’s book provides insight on these topics based on his decades of experiences.
Chief Executive Officer - AT&T Business