Yoga: Life’s Lessons On and Off the Mat draws from the author’s own life experience in an effort to send positive, spiritual messaging to students. Included in each chapter are author-written poems that exemplify the essence of the chapter’s meaning. These poems tell a story and express what is important.
Yoga: Life’s Lessons On and Off the Mat:
- explains a fundamental concept of the Yoga practice in each chapter.
- includes journal questions at the end of each chapter used to reinforce knowledge of the various subjects.
- features Poetic Inspirations which are designed to inspire students.
A Guide to Using This Book
- What is Yoga? What is Yoga NOT?
- Mantra: Yoga Sound
- Branches of Yoga
- Yamas and Niyamas: Laying a Solid Foundation
- Asana: The Postures
- Pranayama: The Breath
- Turning Inward: Meditation
- Chakras: Energy Centers
- Yoga and Ayurveda: Ancient Sisters
- Letting Go: The Healing Power of Forgiveness and Anger Release
- High-Level Questions: Journal Writing
- The Music: Powerful Playlists
- Life’s Lessons: On and Off the Mat
Peace In, Love Out!
About the Author