Don't Get Duped Online
The session discusses original research to demonstrate how faculty members can facilitate the use of mindful communication online with contemporary college students by:
1) defining deceptive messages
2) promoting thoughtful media literacy
3) encouraging proactive engagement in mediated contexts.
Attendees will learn to:
- identify the significance of deceptive communication in situations involving diverse communities online.
- clarify the role of mindfulness in online communication with members of distinct cultural groups.
- facilitate the expression of thoughtful messages with members of different traditions, using helpful or supportive content online.
The presenter, Dr. José I. Rodríguez (California State University, Long Beach) fuses a lecture-type webinar with an interactive, small-group session via Zoom – giving attendees a hands-on opportunity for dialogue and collaborative engagement among participants.
To view the full webinar, visit: https://youtu.be/oB3UuAaZtwI