Career Success helps students increase self-understanding by exploring their personality types, multiple intelligences, interests, and values along with matching careers. It provides information on current career trends, the career decision making process, educational planning, and researching career information and outlook.
- This edition features an updated chapter on career satisfaction and success.
- Concepts from positive psychology are used to help students assume responsibility for career planning, increase motivation, build on their strengths, think positively about the future, and clarify what happiness means to them.
- This textbook helps students increase self-understanding by exploring their personality types, multiple intelligences, skills, interests, and values, along with matching careers.
- Vocational assessment includes the TruTalent Personality, Multiple Intelligences, and Skills assessments. The O*Net Interest Profiler is also integrated into the textbook.
- An online career portfolio summarizes the results of the assessments and provides links to the O*Net database of careers as well as links to current available jobs at Indeed.com.
- Material is provided to help students set goals based on personality type, interests, values and multiple intelligences.
- Information is provided on current career trends, the career decision making process, educational planning, and researching career information and outlook.
- Updated job search strategies include online personal branding and using social media and other online job search tools.
- Interactive activities within the text help students to practice the material learned.
- Frequent quizzes and answer keys within the chapters help students with reading comprehension and check understanding of key concepts.
- Journal entries help students think critically and apply what they have learned to their personal lives.
- An interactive online education, Career Success Online, is available.
- Individual and group exercises are included at the end of each chapter.
- The College Success Website at www.collegesuccess1.com has resources for faculty and students including interactive exercises, handouts, and resources that engage students in learning and making teaching easier.
The College Success Website at www.collegesuccess1.com has resources for faculty and students including interactive exercises, handouts, and resources that engage students in learning and make teaching easier.
HumanEsources, in partnership with Kendall Hunt Publishing, hosts an interactive online version of textbooks authored by Dr. Fralick.
View the Interactive Online Version
The interactive version uses the latest technology to include:
- Interactive exercises with immediate scoring and feedback.
- Quizzes that are automatically scored.
- Career assessments that appear in relevant chapters. The assessments include active links to career research and available job openings through Indeed.com.
- Course management integration which enables faculty to view, grade, and provide student feedback online and within the course management system. Quiz grades and faculty graded work are automatically entered the gradebook.
- Ease of customization.
- Direct purchase of access codes to avoid bookstore markups.
- Online support materials including interactive classroom exercises, handouts, PowerPoint presentations and test banks.
- Customer Care that provides setup and support for students and faculty.
- Data on student success and retention.
Chapter 1 Create Your Success
Chapter 2 Exploring Your Personality and Major
Chapter 3 Exploring Interests and Values
Chapter 4 Exploring Your Multiple Intelligences
Chapter 5 Planning Your Career and Education
Chapter 6 Updated Job Search Strategies
Chapter 7 Career Satisfaction
Dr. Marsha Fralick has been recognized as an Outstanding First-Year Student Advocate by the National Resource Center for the First-Year Experience and Students in Transition for excellence in teaching, curriculum development, and leadership over the last 43 years. She has brought together research in psychology, education, neuroscience, health, and career development to provide students with strategies for college, career, and lifelong success. Her college and career success materials are now used by community colleges and universities nationwide and in Canada. She has a doctorate from the University of Southern California with an emphasis in career counseling, a master’s degree in counseling from the University of Redlands, and a bachelor’s degree in Spanish and English from Arizona State University. She has a passion for helping students achieve their goals and dreams in life through developing a positive self-concept and increasing both their skills and motivation to achieve success.