9th Edition Coming Soon!
The 9th edition of College and Career Success features topics on college, career, and lifelong success. This textbook helps students choose a major that matches their interests and personal strengths. The latest research on motivation, mindset, and grit is used to help students persist and complete their education. It provides the basic skills for success in college and throughout life.
College & Career Success:
- incorporates the latest research on motivation, positive psychology, mindset, and grit to improve the persistence rate of college students.
- helps students choose a major by assessing their personality types, multiple intelligences, emotional intelligence, interests, skills, and values.
- contains information on current career trends, career outlook, the career decision making process, educational planning, and using social media for finding employment.
- has an emphasis on critical thinking, appreciating diversity, and current social issues.
- includes an online portfolio with career assessment results and links to the O*Net database for career research.
- translates the latest research in psychology, education, and neuroscience into practical learning strategies for students.
- emphasizes the need for math success and provides practical strategies for studying math.
- helps students think positively about the future, clarify what happiness means to them, and work toward attaining happiness in life.
- has an interactive online edition, College & Career Success Online.
College & Career Success will enhance student learning through:
- interactive activities that engage students in learning including self-assessments, frequent quizzes, and journal entries.
- individual and group activities.
- the accompanying College Success 1 website located at www.collegesuccess1.com contains faculty and student resources including interactive classroom exercises, handouts, video suggestions, PowerPoints, test banks, Word documents for the journal entries, Internet links to supplemental content, and much more
Marsha Fralick and Seth Batiste have also developed a Concise Version for 1- and 2-credit courses. College and Career Success - Concise
Part I: Career Success
Chapter 1 Understanding Motivation
Chapter 2 Exploring Your Personality and Major
Chapter 3 Exploring Multiple Intelligences, Interests, and Values
Chapter 4 Planning Your Career and Education
Part II: College Success
Chapter 5 Managing Time and Money
Chapter 6 Using Brain Science to Improve Memory
Chapter 7 Using Brain Science to Improve Study Skills
Chapter 8 Taking Notes, Writing, and Speaking
Chapter 9 Test Taking
Part III: Lifelong Success
Chapter 10 Communication and Relationships
Chapter 11 Thinking Critically and Creatively
Chapter 12 Diversity and Current Social Issues
Chapter 13 Thinking Positively about the Future