This product is currently not available.
This product is currently not available.
HumanEsources, in partnership with Kendall Hunt Publishing, hosts an interactive online version of textbooks authored by Dr. Fralick.
The interactive version uses the latest technology to include:
- Interactive exercises with immediate scoring and feedback.
- Quizzes that are automatically scored.
- Career assessments that appear in relevant chapters. The assessments include active links to career research and available job openings through Indeed.com.
- Course management integration which enables faculty to view, grade, and provide student feedback online and within the course management system. Quiz grades and faculty graded work are automatically entered the gradebook.
- Ease of customization.
- Direct purchase of access codes to avoid bookstore markups.
- Online support materials including interactive classroom exercises, handouts, PowerPoint presentations and test banks.
- Customer Care that provides setup and support for students and faculty.
- Data on student success and retention.
College and Career Success Concise 9th Edition is designed for one-two unit courses or for developmental students who need more time to read the material. It will help students have a successful journey through college and into their career with career planning and academic skills that will help them to successfully complete their education.
College & Career Success:
- incorporates the latest research on motivation, positive psychology, mindset, and grit to improve the persistence rate of college students.
- helps students choose a major by assessing their personality types, multiple intelligences, emotional intelligence, interests, and values.
- includes an online portfolio with career assessment results and links to the O*Net database for career research.
- translates the latest research in psychology, education, and neuroscience into practical learning strategies for students.
- emphasizes the need for math success and provides practical strategies for studying math.
- helps students think positively about the future, clarify what happiness means to them, and work toward attaining happiness in life.
- has an interactive online edition, College & Career Success Online, Concise Edition.
College & Career Success Concise will enhance student learning through:
- interactive activities that engage students in learning.
- frequent quizzes and answer keys.
- journal entries.
- individual and group activities.
- the accompanying College Success 1 website located at www.collegesuccess1.com contains faculty and student resources including interactive classroom exercises, handouts, video suggestions, PowerPoint, test bank, Word documents for the journal entries, Internet links to supplemental content, and much more.
Chapter 1 Understanding Motivation
Chapter 2 Choosing Your Major
Chapter 3 Managing Time and Money
Chapter 4 Using Brain Science to Improve Memory
Chapter 5 Using Brain Science to Improve Study Skills
Chapter 6 Taking Notes, Writing, and Speaking
Chapter 7 Test Taking
Chapter 8 Thinking Positively about the Future
Dr. Marsha Fralick has been recognized as an Outstanding First-Year Student Advocate by the National Resource Center for the First-Year Experience and Students in Transition for excellence in teaching, curriculum development, and leadership over the last 43 years. She has brought together research in psychology, education, neuroscience, health, and career development to provide students with strategies for college, career, and lifelong success. Her college and career success materials are now used by community colleges and universities nationwide and in Canada. She has a doctorate from the University of Southern California with an emphasis in career counseling, a master’s degree in counseling from the University of Redlands, and a bachelor’s degree in Spanish and English from Arizona State University. She has a passion for helping students achieve their goals and dreams in life through developing a positive self-concept and increasing both their skills and motivation to achieve success.