Provide "CPR" to your organization, clients and employees with this comprehensive text on public relations writing, theory, research and most importantly, practice.
Complete Public Relations: Contemporary Practice provides groundbreaking instruction, helping readers:
- learn effective planning strategies.
- develop persuasive writing skills.
- craft a variety of writing products.
- design effective publications such as newsletters, direct mail pieces, and brochures.
- manage legal and ethical responsibilities.
- master fundamentals of writing for the media.
- influence the court of public opinion.
- develop practical research tools to measure campaign success.
- learn to identify, segment, prioritize, and rank audiences.
- use advertising to control the message, audience, and channel.
- measure social media effectiveness to ensure return on investment.
- forge public opinion through the use of objectives, strategies, and tactics.
- create and maintain positive organizational reputation.
- convey messages to key audiences through special events.
- communicate effectively during a crisis.
- strategize ways to build a positive relationship with employees.
Chapter 1 Positioning Public Relations in Society
Chapter 2 Practicing Public Relations
Chapter 3 Managing Public Opinion
Chapter 4 Conducting Public Relations Research
Chapter 5 Managing Relationships with Employees
Chapter 6 Working with the Media
Chapter 7 Using Advertising and Marketing in Public Relations
Chapter 8 Preparing Public Relations Publications
Chapter 9 Writing Efficacious Public Relations Messages
Chapter 10 Communicating in Special Circumstances
Chapter 11 Media Metrics and Analytics
Chapter 12 Staying Legal in the Workplace
Chapter 13 Applying Morals and Ethics in Public Relations
Chapter 14 Planning a Public Relations Program