Concepts of Health-Related Fitness
Author(s): Thomas M Adams
Each of us has the power to change our lives, take control of our health and fitness, and control our future.
Concepts of Health-Related Fitness combines an eText, laboratory exercises, interactive exercises, automatically graded test questions, and a gradebook to create a full-fledged course package structured to provide cognitive knowledge in the area of health-related fitness.
Thomas M. Adams’ Concepts of Health Related Fitness includes comprehensive coverage of:
- Health and Wellness Concepts
- Tips for Beginning a Health-Related Fitness Program
- Cardiovascular and Cardiorespiratory Systems
- Resistance and Flexibility Activities
- Nutrition and Weight Management
- Prevention and Treatment of Common Fitness Injuries
- Much, much more.
To make the content in Concepts of Health Related Fitness resonate with students and gauge comprehension, numerous pedagogical features are featured, including:
- Learning Objectives and Chapter Outlines
- Key Terms
- Visual Aids
- Laboratory Exercises for each of the 13 chapters
- Interactive Activities - Crossword Puzzles, Fill in the Blank Activities, Key Concepts, Key Terms, and Matching Exercises.
Chapter 1: Concepts of Health and Wellness
Chapter 2: Understanding and Changing Human Behavior
Chapter 3: Beginning a Health-Related Fitness Program
Chapter 4: Understanding the Cardiovascular System
Chapter 5: Principles of Cardiorespiratory Endurance
Chapter 6: Principles of Muscular Strength and Endurance
Chapter 7: Resistive Training Activities
Chapter 8: Principles of Flexibility
Chapter 9: Flexibility Activities
Chapter 10: Principles of Nutrition
Chapter 11: Principles of Weight Management
Chapter 12: Low Back: Health and Fitness Management
Chapter 13: Prevention and Treatment of Common Fitness Injuries