New Publication Now Available!
Contemporary Studies of Sexuality & Communication presents the growing literatures about sexuality and communication to a larger audience including undergraduate and graduate students as well as interested audiences outside of the academy. The collection combines accessible and conversational literature reviews about a topic area related to sexuality and communication with either a translated research study, a fictive case study, or an autoethnographic essay. Combined, each chapter should present a brief, clear, and accessible overview of the research in a particular area as well as an engaging exploration into an accompanying/overarching research topic. Readers will leave each chapter with both a scholarly and applied understanding of the material.
The following topics / areas are covered:
- Sexual identities
- Sex in and out of relationships
- Movements related to sex, sexuality, and sexual identities
- Sex and sexuality in the media and popular culture
- Organizational, public, and legal policies related to sexuality
- Sexual health and personal well-being
- Sex education
- Cultural views of sex and sexuality