Curandero: Traditional Healers of Mexico and the Southwest
Author(s): Eliseo Torres, Imanol Miranda
CHOOSE YOUR FORMAT Help Me Choose
Curandero Traditional Healers of Mexico and the Southwest is a collection of chapters corresponding to four groups of healers: Curanderos(as) of Yesterday, Recent Times, Nowadays, and Tomorrow. Each chapter addresses curanderismo’s history and revival with photo narratives and biographies of traditional healers who continue to leave an impact in their communities and practices.
Curandero is divided into 5 main parts:
- Overview of Curanderismo provides a brief history of curanderismo and how it has been revived in modern times.
- Curanderos(as) of Yesteryear: The Three Great Ones narrates the stories and lives of those who practiced curanderismo in the 1800s.
- Curanderos(as) of Recent Times: Impacting the United States and Mexico is an overview of healers that have passed away recently and left an important legacy through their influences in Mexico and the United States.
- Curanderos(as) of Nowadays: Creating a New Traditional Healing Model introduces you to current traditional healers that have established clinics and incorporated traditional healing methods in Mexico and the United States.
- Curanderos(as) of Tomorrow provides a glimpse of what the future holds for curanderismo through photo narratives of how up and coming professionals incorporate healing modalities in their current medical professions.
1 An Overview of Curanderismo
2 Curanderos(as) of Yesteryear: The Three Great Ones
3 Curanderos(as) of Recent Times: Impacting the United States and Mexico
4 Curanderos(as) of Nowadays: Creating a New Traditional Healing Model
5 Curanderos(as) of Tomorrow
Details Print Product