The Deep Learning Academic Success Handbook 2016-2017
Choose Your Format
Created to accompany any college success publication, The Deep Learning Academic Success Handbook gives your students access to the keys to success.
The Deep Learning Academic Success Handbook is designed to help the reader become a successful student and increase his/her current level of academic success. The publication does this by first examining HOW knowledge is created and then deeply learned before introducing academic success tools.
Understanding the HOW helps the reader clearly see WHY it is important to:
- Create a Master Schedule which serves as a guide for living each week.
- Use monthly calendars to record all due dates as well as breaking down larger projects in to smaller pieces with assigned due dates.
- Conducting a nightly "integrated planning session" utilizing the master schedule and monthly calendars as guides for daily planning.
- Create a Learning Journal for each course.
- Actively read by incorporating previewing, questioning, and marking into the reading process.
- Create two column homework and class notes which include error focused practice questions.
- Practice Rolling Reviews utilizing Questions Logs.
- Effectively prepare for and take exams.