Descriptive Astronomy: A Conceptual Approach to Introductory College Astronomy
Author(s): Michael C LoPresto
CHOOSE YOUR FORMAT Help Me Choose
Details: eBook w/KHPContent Access | 180 days |
STEP 2: CHOOSE YOUR PLATFORM Help Me Choose
Are you tired of having to cull through topics in a text that has far more information than can possibly be covered in a single semester?
Are your students overwhelmed with all of the “extra” material that they need to sift through?
Written by two instructors with nearly 50 years of combined teaching experience teaching Introductory Astronomy at the college level, Fundamentals of College Astronomy includes the foundational topics required for a one-semester, non-mathematical, college-level introductory astronomy course.
Fundamentals of College Astronomy is:
- intended to be read in its entirety, rather than being encyclopedic.
- ideal for both in-person and online single-semester, college level courses in introductory Astronomy at a very low or non-mathematical level.
Fundamentals of College Astronomy features access to an accompanying website with:
- interactive Applets for exploring concepts.
- frequent tutorials for students to gauge their level of understanding.
- colorful images and videos.
- links to NASA and other websites for in-depth exploration of the concepts discussed in the book as well as the ability to explore to whatever depth desired.
- graded (or un-graded) end-of-chapter quizzes.
- graded (or un-graded) four unit exams.
CHAPTER 1 Sizes and Scales in the Universe
CHAPTER 2 Motions in the Sky
CHAPTER 3 The History of Astronomy
CHAPTER 4 Solar System Overview
CHAPTER 5 Extra-Solar Planets
CHAPTER 6 Solar System Debris
CHAPTER 7 The Terrestrial Planets
CHAPTER 8 The Jovian Planets, Their Moons, and Ring Systems
CHAPTER 9 Light, Telescopes, and Spectra
CHAPTER 10 Properties of Stars
CHAPTER 11 The Lives of Stars
CHAPTER 12 Galaxies
CHAPTER 13 Cosmology
CHAPTER 14 Life in the Universe
Details eBook w/KHPContent Access 180 days