Finding Lifestyles Through Self Exploration
Author(s): Julian Shields
Finding Lifestyles Through Self–Exploration helps people discover a path to their desired lifestyle through self-exploration. The author, Julian Shields uses imagery, vivid examples, and cognitive behavior activities to make abstract lifestyles become obtainable goals by changing the reader's perspective on life and daily behaviors.
- Beginning with the end in mind
- Having fun in the present without ruining your future
- Your definition of a successful job
- Comparison is the thief of joy
- Is the degree your finish line or starting block?
- Tick Tock
- Stop lying to yourself
- Self – Care
- Self – esteem, self- love, self – identity, and self – validation
- Are they really your friends?
- Choosing a major
- Things to consider when choosing a foundational major
- Things to consider when choosing an in and out major
- The major vs jobs in the profession pt 1
- The major vs jobs in the profession pt 2
- The major vs jobs in the profession pt 3
- Embracing diversity
- Importance of public speaking skills
- Rome was not built in a day
- Knowledge is not enough, we must DO!
After reading the book, I have started to view my everyday decisions and activities differently. Finding Lifestyles Through Self Exploration has been an amazing tool for that has helped me find purpose in life. I always knew my goals, but not how to reach them. High school or college students will enjoy the book because it is engaging, short and to the point. I appreciated the activities because I am a hands – on learner. It is the first class and textbook that I have actually been able to fully apply to my whole life. Think about how many books students have to read that will never actually help them in the real world. This textbook is the exact opposite and helps you discover important information about yourself. Each chapter and activity plays a key role in helping you understand what you want to do with your life. I have learned how to approach my future in a way that has helped with my anxiety, nerves, and self-esteem.