Investigations today must coordinate many factors and areas of specialization.
Forensics braids the process of investigation with psychology and the law. Psychology shows the human element, while law dictates the parameters for investigative practices. Forensic Investigation: Methods from Experts demonstrates how these threads intertwine and offers practice with cases that apply specific insights. In this text, experts from diverse disciplines teach specific methods that enhance investigators’ knowledge and support best practices.
- includes a case at the start of each chapter.
- focuses on psychological information as a foundation for investigation.
- features the work of experts in some area of investigation, including first responders, detectives, death investigators, scientists, attorneys, analysts, and more!
- offers case-related puzzles in each chapter, some of which even demonstrate that the first leads can sometimes mislead.
- addresses a variety of investigators involved in the forensic process: detectives, private investigators, death investigators, medical investigators, and more!
Introduction: Investigative Basics
1. Crimes, Scenes, and First Responders
2. I-Contact: The Psychology of Investigation
4. Science, Technology, Standards, and Fraud
5. The Courtroom
6. The Body
7. Criminal Psychology 101
8. Behavioral Evidence
9. Patterns, Impressions, and ID
11. Digital Investigation
12. Special Investigations