Fundamentals of Oral Communication creates competent communicators. The text and online course package presents students with a fundamental understanding of the world of communication and provides them with practical insights on how to implement the knowledge in the real world.
Roy Schwartzman’s Fundamentals of Oral Communication:
- Is Comprehensive! The content includes interpersonal communication, group communication, and presentational communication / public speaking.
- Is Interactive! Various speaking opportunities for students empower them to evaluate and construct clear and coherent arguments for diverse contexts.
- Is Practical! Reflection and analysis is used to introduce students to the principles and basic skills necessary to build and sustain relationships in society.
- Is Student Friendly! Chapter Outlines, Featured Multimedia Presentations, and Highlights / Conclusion make it easy for students to prepare for and assess the knowledge presented in each chapter.
- Is Instructor Friendly! Apply Your Knowledge vignettes, automatically graded chapter exams, and gradebook make the transition to this publication virtually seamless.
Chapter 1: Foundations of Communication
Chapter 2: Communicating Confidently and Competently
Chapter 3: Self and Others: Identities and Cultures
Chapter 4: Listening
Chapter 5: Verbal Communication
Chapter 6: Nonverbal Communication
Chapter 7: Research Techniques
Chapter 8: Supporting Your Ideas
Chapter 9: Organization and Outlining
Chapter 10: Presentation Aids
Chapter 11: Speakers, Speeches, and Audiences
Chapter 12: Informative Presentations
Chapter 13: Persuasive Presentations
Chapter 14: Interpersonal Relationships
Chapter 15: Managing Conversations and Conflicts
Chapter 16: Communicating with Technology
Chapter 17: Interviewing
Chapter 18: Small Group Communication
Chapter 19: Group Roles and Behaviors
Appendix A: Special Occasion Speeches
Appendix B: Sample Speeches and Case Studies