Invitation to Political Science is an introductory textbook that combines philosophical, historical, and institutional approaches to the discipline of political science. It is tailored to freshmen and sophomores majoring or minoring in political science.
The first edition of Invitation to Political Science:
- Introduces students to the core concepts of politics (e.g., power, sovereignty, justice, etc.).
- Outlines the history of political thought and defines major and relevant contemporary political ideas.
- Examines the purposes, origins, and types of law.
- Explores the variety of constitutional structures around the world.
- Delves into the enduring importance of the State.
- Includes learning objectives, relevant charts and pictures, a glossary of terms, and book recommendations in each chapter.
About the Authors
Chapter 1 Introduction to Politics
Chapter 2 The History of Political Thought
Chapter 3 Modern Ideas
Chapter 4 Law
Chapter 5 Constitutionalism
Chapter 6 The State