Leadership Cases in Community Non-Profit Organizations is the result of six years of data collection. Included are six case studies used to help students understand the more academic information presented in textbooks and articles.
Leadership Cases in Community Non-Profit Organizations features the opportunity for students to:
- apply the academic information they have learned
- analyze and critique the decisions made
- offer alternatives that might have been considered
- think about next steps the organization could take to deal with problems or to capitalize on or create opportunities
- find their own insights and ask their own questions
Chapter 1: An Overview of the Economic Downturn and COVID-19
Chapter 2: Case Study: Literacy Plus
Chapter 3: Case Study: Out of Homelessness, Inc.
Chapter 4: Case Study: ESF, Inc.
Chapter 5: Case Study: Stop Growling Stomachs
Chapter 6: Case Study: Gulf Coast Shelter
Chapter 7: Case Study: The Community Center
Chapter 8: The Cases: Summarizing the Themes
Appendix: Suggested Resources for Further Reading
Ronald L. Wade holds an MS in Sociology from University of North Texas. While pursuing his PhD he served as a Research Assistant for the Aging and Disability Resource Center performing assessment and evaluation related to the social sector. Ron continues to work in the areas of nonprofit management and evaluation research.