Music Appreciation: An Outline Guide
Author(s): Sarah Satterfield
CHOOSE YOUR FORMAT Help Me Choose
Music Appreciation: An Outline Guide is the outgrowth of much experience teaching Music Appreciation at the collegiate level. Students are often overwhelmed by the amount of material in standard Music Appreciation texts. This text is only a guide at this time.
Music Appreciation: An Outline Guide:
- allows instructors to lecture as usual while students fill in their booklets, thus offering a guided notetaking experience.
- is current and page layout easy to read. A table of contents at the beginning shows students the “big picture” for the semester, outlining all topics to be covered.
- offers exclusive student access to KHQ, an exclusive and interactive study app.
- includes activities that will allow students to apply what is learned in class, in the case of the former, and see the vast amount of material available on the Internet related to music, in the case of the latter.
- offers Supplemental PowerPoints that follow the flow of the books and enhance lectures with visual images.
The Elements of Music
Middle Ages (450–1450)
The Renaissance (ca. 1450–1600)
The Baroque Period (1600–1750)
The Classical Period (1750–1820)
Early Jazz (1900–1950)
Required Listening List
“Unknown” Listening Notes
CD Critique Sheet
CD Critique “Cheat Sheet”
For My CD Critique
Details Print Prod w/KHQ 180 days