The Writer's Toolbox: Blueprints for Successful Communicators
Choose Your Format
Research indicates that those hiring strategic communicators value writing as the number one desired skill in any level of new employee. The Writer's Toolbox: Blueprints for Successful Communicators gives students the tools needed to succeed in the dynamic strategic communication field!
The Writer's Toolbox: Blueprints for Successful Communicators provides specific blueprints for constructing a variety of writing products necessary to thrive in strategic communication, public relations and marketing communication. The textbook package discusses a writing product, gives concrete steps on how to write it, and provides real-world examples.
Printed in color and available for purchase directly from Kendall Hunt Publishing, The Writer's Toolbox: Blueprints for Successful Communicators:
- Includes electronic access to The Grammar Depot - a quick reference tool that helps writers avoid common mistakes that weaken prose and rob writers of credibility.
- Includes instructor access to a host of PowerPoints, exercises and exams.
- Examines the entire gamut of strategic communication writing. Topics include media writing, business writing, social media writing, persuasive writing, feature writing, advertising copywriting, speech writing, integrated marketing communication writing and campaign writing.
- Emphasizes both the strategic and creative writing process.
- Prepares writers to enter today’s multi-generational workplace.
- Offers real-world, student-friendly examples. Toolbox Tips, Caution, For Example and Blueprint vignettes bring the material to life.
CHAPTER 1 Strategic Writing
CHAPTER 2 Basics of Writing
CHAPTER 3 Business Writing
CHAPTER 4 Lead Writing
CHAPTER 5 Print Media Writing
CHAPTER 6 Electronic Media Writing
CHAPTER 7 Social Media Writing
CHAPTER 8 Persuasive Writing
CHAPTER 9 Speech Writing
CHAPTER 10 Feature Writing
CHAPTER 11 Advertising Copywriting
CHAPTER 12 Integrated Marketing Communication Writing
CHAPTER 13 Using Stylebooks
CHAPTER 14 Campaign Writing
Randy Hines, APR, a Fulbright Senior Specialist, also earned a doctorate in public relations from Texas A&M, where he taught journalism. Hines teaches PR at the U of North Georgia. He’s also taught at Susquehanna University, UNC Pembroke, East Tennessee State and Kent State. Hines has worked for a PR firm, newspapers and magazines, and conducted workshops for various clients. He has written for academic, trade and popular media.