1. What is Jazz?
2. New Orleans
4. Religion and Jazz?
5. Minstrelsy and Its Effect on Jazz
6. The Blues
7. Chicago and New York During the 1920s
8. Kansas City: The Focal Point of Jazz in the Late 1920s
11. Cool and Third Stream
12. Hard Bop (Late 1950s)
13. Free Jazz and the Avant-Garde (1960s)
14. Jazz Rock Fusion: 'The Big Crossover' (1970-1980)
15. Women in Jazz
16. Jazz: A World Music
17. The 1980s and 1990s: New Directions in Jazz
Jazz Education Opportunities
Discography of Jazz Recordings