The ability to comprehend the language involved in this new and evolving cyber world is essential now more than ever.
Cybersecurity: Bridging the Gap Between Technician & Management:
- Provides a dictionary of computer terminology.
- Delivers a synopsis of what we actually use computers to do.
- Gives an outline of using computers in series and parallel to increase power and resources.
- Highlights how our vulnerabilities increase when power and capability rise.
- Reviews the most dangerous component of the cyber world – people.
Cybersecurity: Bridging the Gap Between Technician & Management was written for 2 reasons:
- It provides an understanding of security needs in agencies, corporations, and homes.
- It provides management with the language skills to communicate effectively with their IT technician(s).
1. Introduction to Information Security: The Need for Security
2. Building a Common Lexicon: Understanding Security and Computers
3. Letting Someone Peek Inside Your Drawers: Understanding Files and their Issues
4. Cybercrime: The Reason for Encryption
5. Introduction to Encryption
6. Networks: Computers working with Computers
7. Protecting Computer Enterprises
8. Examining Vulnerability: The Problem with Internet Providers and Email
9. The World Wide Web: Public, Dark, and Tor
10. The Human Side of Cybersecurity
11. The Government
12. “Honey, Did You Lock the Internet?